Is Buying the best option for me?
If you decide to buy a share in a race horse you need to be aware that this means that you are purchasing this share for an indefinite period. Your ownership of this share will end only when your horse is either sold, retired from racing or you wish to cease your membership.
Cost of buying shares
If you decide to buy share(s) then you have decided to stay with the horse for as long as he races in Koo’s Racing Club. First of all you will have to pay an initial one-off fee for buying the actual share of the horse. Amount of this one-off fee depends which horse you choose to buy into. The better the horse the higher the fee. To view exact prices, please click on each individual horse’s name in ‘Our Horses‘ section in the main menu. Apart of the initial fee you will also need to pay monthly training fee.
Please be aware that you cannot purchase share in the horse on the day of his race. In general we require the initial one-off fee to be paid at least couple of days prior to a race day.
Training fees in 2017 are as follows:
25% share for £569.99 (unless otherwise stated)
20% share for £469.99 (unless otherwise stated)
15% share for £369.99 (unless otherwise stated)
10% share for £269.99 (unless otherwise stated)
5% share for £169.99 (unless otherwise stated)
We reserve the right to change prices of training fees depending on prices passed on us by third parties.
Please also note that if you purchase a horse on special offer and in time you wish to cancel your membership then the initial payment is not refundable.
Note that the above mentioned prices are all inclusive and at no time will we ask for any more money from you. The monthly fees include things such as taking horses to gallops, blacksmith, jockeys, vets, fees, entry fee for races, transport etc.
- You will receive your share percentage of the net prize money your horse has won since you joined the Club. Please note that you have to be a member for a minimum of 6 months before you are eligible for your first share of prize money (you will then receive all prize money from when you first joined the club).
- You will receive your share percentage of the net sale price of your horse. (Special offers may wary according to conditions at the time of the sale).
- You can attend our member’s day at stables. Please note that these are arranged in advance.
- You will receive our opinion on whether any horse in the Club is worth backing or not via a free text message service which act as a reminder when other Club horses are running. (Please note you will NOT receive information about other horses in stables which are not owned by Koo’s Racing Club).
- You will receive owners badges when your horse runs allowing you access to the tracks owners and trainers facilities. Please note we guarantee 1 free badge per 10% share, but in most cases you will be able to get more than 1 free badge.
Disclosure: just like any other investment, getting involved in horse racing can be financially risky. When you decide to invest your money into a racehorse you have to be aware that unfortunate and unexpected things can happen. Long term and sometime fatal injuries can occur. Should this happen and your horse is no longer capable of racing then as a goodwill gesture we will offer you to swap your share into a different horse in Koo’s Racing Club and you can then decide if you wish to accept our offer or not. If you are worried about potentially losing your initial outlay for the share then i would advise to have a look at the leasing option.
Insurance: Please note that horses running in Koo’s Racing Club are covered only by Third Party Insurance (injury/damages to others), but are not insured against fatality.